2/22/2005

Diets

Wanting to shed a few pounds? Are you on the lookout for a new diet? Society has taught us that in order to lose weight, you have to go on a prescribed "diet". I think that 95% of this is just someone trying to make money off you. I don't even think these diet producers really want you to lose weight. If you were not overweight, they would not have you as a customer. Well I have a diet for you that is free! I have been on this diet for several months and lost over 20 pounds with NO EXERCISE! I call it the common sense diet. I eat reasonable meals, and try not to overendulge. I have all but eliminated desserts. Instead, I eat many more fruits. I will admit, the first week was the hardest. I have always been a big sweet eater, so it was a challenge to get used to not eating sweets. Another big part of it is not cheating. Like a smoker trying to quit smoking, if he has a smoke once in a while he is doomed for failure. Like I said, I do not exercise, but I feel as if I have more energy so I am naturally more active. Something to keep in mind-if you think it will not be good for you, it probably isn't. Don't obsess over reading nutrition labels. Of course exercise will help but I would recommend not starting until you are used to the new way of eating. I think that making too many lifestyle changes at once will cause burnout and crash the whole operation. How do you think people decades ago were thin before the the big low carb craze came about? There were no South beach diets, Jenny Craig wasn't around and neither was Slim fast! Just something to ponder.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the grapefruit diet

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

Yeah, who wants to eat grapefruit the rest of your life?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home