4/24/2005

I got junk in the trunk!



Well, my wife had been watching the clearance rack at our local Target store, they had been marking down Memorex karaoke machines. They were normally around $110 and they were down to $83.99 so we went for it. When I got the unit home, we tested it out and the monitor was shot. Several days later, I took it back and got another one. Like the previous one, the box did not appear to have been opened and the unit used, so we got another one. After we got home and tested it, it appeared to work. We planned a fun Karaoke party with our young children and they were really looking forward to it. When we fired it up the next day, the monitor crapped out. We took this one back and decided that we would not go with the Memorex next time around. We went back and all they had were memorex brand machines. We decided the third time might be the charm. We opened the box in the store and plugged it in. (We were beyond caring about making a scene) Guess what, the monitor might have worked but there was an obvious mechanical defect with the monitor tilt mechanism! We went to another store and bought a KaraokeVision and it is nice!

10 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Blogger -c said...

Gotta say I'm still partial to the karaoke machines here in Japan that show a fuzzy video of two lovers, holding hands on the beach behind the lyrics to some death-metal "Kill!Die!" hit. Quality entertainment!
PS. Thanks for visiting. Really dig your blog!

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

I thought I had to clue others in on this Memorex garbage. I think they need to stick to making cassette tapes! However, I must wonder if Target played a role in this, you know, recycling returns to the clearance rack.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

First time visitor here. Hoo boy, I know your frustration with buying less-than-adequate products. I have a feeling you're dead on about Target putting returns back on the shelves. You're lucky you even got to return the stuff with minimal distress. I read a nightmare post recently about how Target gave the customer tons of grief over returning a faulty item. Made my head spin.
I'll be back!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

P.S. I got your site URL from "the Pope" ... just wanted to be able to say that. Sounds pretty funny.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

The first of the returns, the lady in front of me lost a battle trying to return an article of clothing she had purchased on clearance about a month ago. They would not accept the return because the tags had been removed. She even had a receipt!

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Gulgula said...

I wonder if you experience bad-stuff from Target. I noticed that chocolate from Target tastes inferior to the same chocolate from other shops. Similarly, light bulbs of GE from Target fail quicker than light bulbs of GE from walmart.

I wonder if Target purchases all compromised stuff to match up the price of Walmart and fool their customers.

Best
B

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

I'm no sure about that, Target is in the same class as walmart as far as buying cheap from China in concerned!!!!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Gulgula said...

But walmart stuff turns out to be real good n long lived. Target one perishes sooner,

Best
B

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Gulgula said...

But walmart stuff turns out to be real good n long lived. Target one perishes sooner,

Best
B

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Cardboard Knight said...

I HAVE THAT SAME ONE! but its bluish.
-The Master of Splap

P.S. is "bluish" a word?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home