9/29/2005

Taylor 5553 Body Fat Analyzer Bath Scale



I bought this scale about 14 months ago, and have been quite pleased with it. I have read several reviews on Amazon.com and they have been a bit poor. I have replaced the 9 volt battery once since I've had it, and the reading are fairly consistent.(You need to stand the same way every time) If you want a good reading, make sure your scale is on a level surface, and if you are measuring BMI(Body Mass Index) it is best if your feet are a bit damp. Overall I am pleased with this product.

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Iniard Watch said...

I have one of these body fat scales, but only use the weight features. I must say that I am disappointed in the accuracy of the measurement. I can’t understand how you can weigh yourself, then go to the bathroom, then weigh yourself again 5 minutes later to find out you gained 3 lbs. Also, it rounds to the nearest half pound. If you are interested in weight, buy a scale that just reads the weight. If you want to know how fat you are, look in the mirror or see how far the waistband on your favorite jeans curl over.

www.iniardwatch.blogspot.com

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger bschneider5 said...

This particular scale that I own goes to the nearest tenth of a pound. I haven't experienced the "post duke weight gain" that you referred to either. Must be a different scale. I would like to have a scale that when yu stant on it, it says "You're still a fatty!"

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

haha I would like the scale you speak of also "you're still a fatty" :) Great line!
I haven't tried any of the newer fat measuring scales but I should consider this. Good to hear that you've started a diet - it's something I'll have to take a serious look at in the coming weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home