4/16/2005

Flood Car

This month, thousands of cars ruined in the Florida hurricanes will be put on the market. I hope you aren't one of the unlucky buyers. These cars are considered totalled when they have been sitting in water for two days, and they are normally still drivable. People buy them from salvage yards and resell them, usually out of state. If you are going to buy a used car, make sure you look for signs of water and mud in unusual places (glove compartment, spare tire, etc). You can also get a carfax vehicle history report.

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I thought you neo-capitalists enjoyed ripping people off for things like ruined cars. Why not pay your quarter and help continue destroying the environment? Maybe if you drove less, people who actually care about clean air and water might be able to make some ground in stopping global warming.

I have to pay for prescriptions related to my lyme disease. Do you see me complaining?!?!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does every issue in America get turned into a platform for environmental extremist? What in the world does your lyme disease have to do with reselling totaled automobiles? Maybe the U.S. can defer some of its conservation grants to help pay for your medication?
Bschneider5, perhaps you should limit your blog to neo-capitalist suburbanites only!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Sarah Katherine said...

Yeah, what the heck is a neo-capitalist? I am not an environmental extremist, actually I am an independent conservative, but I do care about the environment. I hate the idea of mass production of what is supposed to be a durable good (cars) especially when they keep getting ridiculously bigger and bigger without necessity or even reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home