5/04/2005

Mystery Shopper



From time to time I participate in various surveys and test panels. This morning on my way home from work I heard an advertisement on the radio for becoming a mystery shopper. I would get paid to shop and report on different aspects of my shopping experience. So I called the number, 1(800) 299-0405, and I was signing up. The man explained to me that the shopping trips would last between 15 and 30 minutes, and would earn about 10-50 dollars each. After I gave some personal contact information, he went into his spiel. As he was going through his fast talk, he slipped in that there is a $99 annual membership fee. At that point I told him I wasn’t interested. I don’t like the idea of having to pay for membership, since there are no guarantees how many studies I will qualify for. I also didn’t appreciate him implying that I was cheap for not wanting to pay 27 cents a day to be able to do this. If it’s only 27 cents, why charge? This may be a perfectly legitimate deal, but I say, “Shopper Beware”.

7 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

Okay so let me get this straight. They want me to pay them $99 to shop for a possible $10-$50 a pop? That could take me 10 trips just to break even. What a deal. No thanks.
I've said it before and will keep saying it until someone gets it... let's get our hands on their participant list, it's yet another way to thin the herd.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger that girl said...

Ahhhh, I've briefly heard of the secret shopper thing and wondered what the catch was. thank ya

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Squirl said...

I've been seeing the ads for mystery shopper as well. Now I know what's going on.

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. Yours is interesting also.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger admin said...

Bless you, my son. I pray you find a fun job soon.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger G3T Films said...

Just checking you're doing the Job!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Gururaj said...

TQ 4 commentin on my blog matie...tho, I mussay mine's been small and unprofessional wen compared with urs...

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Scam!!! You were a smarty and avoided that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home